I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 13 juni 2011

"Henk Schiffmacher"

Today i had the opportunity to make some pictures of :
 The Dutch King of Tattoo,
Henk Schiffmacher.
Henk Schiffmacher is a tattoo artist, painter, writer, collector, world traveller
 but he also was a photographer for more than 10 ten years.
When i showed him some collodion results
 he invited me to come over to his tattoo shop in Amsterdam,
 as he had never seen this process before.
As you can see, there wasn't much room,
but we managed to make some nice pictures.



Hermagis 420 4.5 portrait petzval
exposure time 8 sec.
Black glass ambro
KCn fixer




Pictures made by Ben :



1 opmerking: