I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

zondag 30 december 2012

Demonstration of the wet plate process

 
Giving a life demonstration about the wet plate process is alway so much fun.
Sharing my passion for collodion photography gives me so much energy!
 
Yesterday i was invited by Fotoclub Lucifer to show this beautiful process to a large audience.
Some good questions were asked and we had a nice discussion at the end with a smaller group.
 
Special thanks to my friends, Henk Peters ( video) and Ben van Os (Photos).
Henk used his camera so everything could be followed on a large projection screen.
Including the work i did inside the darkroom.
So the audience was able to follow the whole process life
 
Unfortunately i had very limited time to set up the whole thing so i wasn't able to make a testplate.
Next time i really need some more time for this. 30 minutes is way to short for this. 
Beside of some minor flaws the plate came out good.
It's always tricky to estimate the exposure time at a place where you have
never made a wet plate before. But all went just perfect.
Thanks for the sitters because the were VERY patience!

A brief impression:
Photo´s made by Anne-Marie van Alem-Damen, Peter van den Hamer en Ben van Os
Many thanks for sharing your photo's.



 






 
 
 
 









 

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Great presentation especially the result is perfect considering circumstances!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Eeuwige roem is je weer vooruit gegaan.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen