I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

woensdag 28 september 2011

Lisa

Inspired by a picture of Ed Ross i finally was able to get my daughter in front of my camera again.




Clear glass ambro
18x24cm
exposure time 4 secs
Dallmeyer 3b open
Alex collodion mix
KCN fixer

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtige uitsnede zo met de hoed!
    en heel mooi de scherpte.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. a beautiful memorable photo. one that I have not seen in a long time

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen