I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

zaterdag 22 oktober 2011

Gathering with Albert and Bart

Today we made some portraits during my workshop.
Albert is a photography shop owner ans also a collector of all kinds of photographic items and Bart is a student at the Fotovakschool at Venlo and he loves to works with alternative processes.

For the first time i have used a 420 mm 4.5 hermagis petzval.
I have bought it last year at the Houten fair but wasn't able to give it a try before.
http://collodion-art.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-am-in-love.html

I should have.... It turns out to be a great lens. great details and a beautifull DOF.
some plates we made during the day.








 

Clear glass Ambrotype
Hermagis 420mm 4.5 petzval
exposure time 6 secs
KCN fixer



Black glass Ambrotype
Hermagis 420mm 4.5 petzval
exposure time 6 secs
KCN fixer




Albert made by Bart
Black glass Ambrotype
Hermagis 420mm 4.5 petzval
exposure time 6 secs
KCN fixer





 
Albert made by Bart
Black glass Ambrotype
Hermagis 420mm 4.5 petzval
exposure time 7 secs
KCN fixer

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Het was echt fantastisch! Nogmaals bedankt :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hallo Bart,

    Bedankt voor jouw fijne reactie.
    Zeer gewaardeerd !

    Jij ook bedankt.

    Alex

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen