I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 10 oktober 2011

Vera and Alex

Recently two very enthusiastic photographers joined me at my studio to take theirs first steps into the wet plate world.
Alex told me that he really didn't knew what to expect from this proces and Vera already new some details about wet plate.
Vera also experimented with pinhole photography and she loves alternative photograpique processes. Just remember her name : Vera van Almen
http://www.veravanalmen.nl/  She's a talented photographer !

As soon as they flowed there own plates they were caught by the "collodion virus".
A many of you already have noticed before, it's a very agressive verus.
Alex is already searching for a wet plate camera...

A brief impression of that day.














Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten