I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 25 augustus 2014

Jimmy Nelson

Today I had the honor to "shoot" Jimmy Nelson.

Jimmy is an extremely passionate photographer who has been working
on his giant project for more than 5 years.
Of that project his book "Before they pass away" is published.
A book is filled with extremely beautiful pictures of tribes living all over the world.
Most of his work is made with analogue photography.
A must have for every photo book lover.

If you ever have the chance visiting one of his performances, go for it.
In my whole life I haven't met anyone before talking about photography
with so much enthusiasm than Jimmy Nelson.

Just watch this video which is all about his project: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_Dri5xDkk
Specials thanks to Ferry vd Vliet for assisting me and the digital pictures
and to Oogenlust for hosting their facilities.















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten