I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

donderdag 12 oktober 2017

New book from Corroda D'Agostini

Just recently I discovered that Corrado D'Agostini published a new book about antique lenses.
This time he wrote about the famous Lenses coming form Germany and Austria.
like Voigtlander, Petzval, Busch, Steinheil etc.
 
This book is holding more than 300 well documented pages full of history about these lenses.
Full with pictures and background information about the makers.
So A must have for those who collect and use these kinds of beautiful brass lenses.
 
HIGHLY recommended like his first book I wrote about French makers:
http://collodion-art.blogspot.nl/2012/06/fabulous-book-about-antique-french.html
 
The book can be ordered through his website: http://www.oldphotographiclenses.com/about2.html
 
Dimensions of the book: 20 x 30 x 2.5 cm
 





 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten