I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

dinsdag 31 mei 2011

"Ferry"

Tonight a friend of mine, Ferry, visited my studio and we made some plates.
Ferry himself is a great photographer and currently he's working on a magnificent book about Paris.
He's also writing a very informative blog about Paris : http://paris-fvdv.blogspot.com/



Dallmeyer 3b open
exposure time 6 secs
KCN fixer
Black glass
Poorboy (alex) collodion mix

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Yesterday evening I had the pleasure seeing how this Master of Collodion Art is working in his home studio. I have read about the process but never seen it. It was like being back to the 19th century. Especially his knowledge, expertise and admiration for this kind of photography is shown in the quality of his pictures. Thanks Alex for a learning experience. Ferry

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Alex, yesterday I talked with a journalist writing for several photo magazins. Most likely he is interested in writing an article about collodion photography. I will keep you informed about the progress. Regards Ferry.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Great photo. I like black and white pictures

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen