I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

dinsdag 28 juni 2011

Gathering with Koos and Niels

A few months ago Koos and Niels contacted me regarding the collodion process.
They are both very skilled photographers and wanted to know more about this beautiful process.
Koos is already working with dry plate for a few years already, and with success !

So we sat together last Saturday and made some plates.
As Koos already flows his dry plates, flowing a wet plate wasn’t such a big deal.

if you are interested in their work :

http://www.koosgoris.nl/Site/Home.html
http://www.nielsvanveen.com/

A brief impression :









1 opmerking: