I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

dinsdag 10 januari 2012

They got married.....

I just couldn't wait any longer.
Made a lens plate today and "married" my new Large Vogtlander lens with my 20x20" Donchev camera.
(I have two original lens plates which came with the camera, but i hate to cut a hole in them........)The difference in age between he and she is huge.
The voigtlander was made in 1862 and the Donchev is made in 2011.
Lets call it a "modern" marriage
It looks just great on the ground glass and i definately want to make some work with this camera starting in 2012. So keep posted.

If you need any more info about the Donchev camera's, just have a look at Andy's weblog : http://donchev-cameras.blogspot.com/

2 opmerkingen:

  1. When the going gets tough...What a wonderful manufacture, I just imagine the joy to see through the ground glass. Have a nice 2012 with your beauty. Cheers

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is sensational! I got an idea... I'll make a hut for my children, cut a hole for a lens and have a camera as a bonus :-)
    What focal length is your lens?
    Can't wait to see images from this baby monster :-)
    B5

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen