I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 3 december 2012

Update on "Hat"hunter


About 2 months ago i was contacted by a journalist of the regional newspaper Eindhovens dagblad, Tonny Peeters.
He got my business card from a couple who watched us
making "hat"lines
a few weeks before.
He asked me if it was possible to see this process life.
At that time we were working on the idea of "Hat"hunter and we made
an appointment on a Monday morning in the forest of the Heeze castle.
 
While unpacking my car and setting up my new ice fishing tent the photographer
of the newspaper came by and made some nice pictures.
The journalist also arranged a film crew (which was a total surprise for me...).
 
He promised me to write a nice article and it would be published within a few weeks.
Well, it took a little longer, but this morning the article was published including the link to the movie they made.
At 07:00 this morning i grabbed the newspaper out of my post box to
see how it looked like.
You can imagine i am extremely happy with this article and film.
So Tonny Peeters ( journalist), Jurriaan Balke (photographer), Filmcrew of ED and Ferry van der Vliet,
many thanks for making this possible !!!
 

The link to the movie : http://www.ed.nl/regio/veldhoven/11933455/Oerlenaar-is-gek-van-collodiumfotografie.ece











1 opmerking:

  1. Hi Alex,

    Heel mooi stukje in het ED, zeer interessant en erg leuk geschreven. Ook het filmpje via EDtv heb ik bekeken, geweldig allemaal! Ik wens je heel veel succes met je collodium carriere en ben trots je eerdaags als gast te mogen ontvangen op m'n website!

    Groet, Kris McKinley

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen