I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 11 juni 2012

Opening of Exhibition

Yesterday we had the opening of my personal exhibition at Art Gallery Hans Persoon.
Luther Gerlach was so kind to come over together with Peter van Hal to do the official opening.

Luther, again, many thanks for that!!
Friends and family gathered and we had a drink together. Gave some demonstrations during Saturday and Sunday and the visitors were all very exited watching this beautiful process. The final step in this process, the fixing stage, produces many ooooh's and aaaaahh's......
A brief impression of yesterday,








The above pictures were made by my friend, Henk Peters

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Its great Alex! Congratulations.
    Very nice impression of this important day!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Congratulations Alex! I would like to have been there to see that exhibit. I'm impressed you were able to get such a great plate at a demonstration. Amazing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen