I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 30 september 2013

The day after......

 
When I arrived at home yesterday evening I barely could walk anymore.
The four days at Unseen were exhausting but also in one word : FANTASTIC!!
The day after such great days feels horrible.
 
A few months ago Arjen Went and Manon Navarro, owners of the Tintype Studio at Amsterdam, invited me to join them during THE Dutch photographic event, Unseen.
4 long days making wet plates, explaining the wet plate process over and over, meeting great people from all over the world.
It felt like a marathon but was even better than a 2 weeks holiday!
And we were lucky with the weather. Every day the temperature was great and nothing but sun!
And working with Manon and Arjen was an honor. What a lovely couple!
 
Pictures were made by Arjen, my daughter Lisa and me


 




 
 
 






















2 opmerkingen:

  1. Ok Alex,
    I I understand that you are the best but you can not eat pizza outside Italy... Manon, next time I'll pay pizza for you but you must come in Italy ( sooner or later)... I promise that when I will organize next event, you are invited. Sure. and you can eat pizza and spagetti all the time!!!!

    Bravissimi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Giuseppe, that's a deal. The pizza box was empty. We have been using them to transport my bigger plates after they were varnished...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen