I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 25 april 2011

Gathering with Monicque and Michiel

Today Monicque and Michiel joined me for making some collodion plates.
Very enthousiastic AND some pefectly flowed plates. Almost no spoiled collodion......
It's always very inspiring working with so enthousiastic people loving these kind of old photographic processes.

Some developing hesitations/faults , but nice pictures.

But it was warm in my studio....... 28 degrees at the end of April !!!!
It has never been so warm in April before.

Michiel made a small movie with his i-phone ( modern technique !!) showing his plates : Youtube movie
Also have a look at Monicque's weblog : weblog Monicque



 His first plate. (watch his beautifull tattoo !)

 
 
Monicque flowing her first plate ( she's got talent  !!)

















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten