I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 4 april 2011

My new 20x20 inch Donchev wet plate camera has arrived !!!

After a long waiting period of about six months finally my new
wet plate camera has arrived.
With this camera i am able to produce ambrotypes up to 20 x 20 inch !!
This camera was made in Bulgaria by Andrev Donchev.
For me it was a bit of a gamble because i bought it only from drawings,
but i must say : i am really impressed !!
This camera is a state of art. Very well build and every movement is geared.
Just the packaging alone must have taken hours to make. just fantastic.
Soon we will also post a movie of the unpacking and demo of this camera.

Now the hard work begins as i have to build a larger silver bath, buy larger trays etc etc.

some details :

complete packaging 76 kg
camera it self without wet plate back 38 kg
max extention  aprox 60 inch (1.5 meter)
lens plate 28.5 cm
max plate size 20 x 20 inch (aprox 51 x51 cm)

Following pictures were taken with a sony video camera by Ad van den Beemt.










6 opmerkingen:

  1. Congrats Alex!!
    I´m Tito-shid in collodion.com forum, and I´m happy to see this monster in your hands.
    Go hard, and nice collodions!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oeff that looks biggg!! I hope your wallet is also big enough ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hi. Could ai ask you what this camera measures when closed? LxWxH

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wow, incredible! I love it! Keep going, wonderful artwork.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen