I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

woensdag 6 april 2011

"Mario"

I finally had the chance to "shoot" my brother in law, Mario

Dallmeyer 3b at 3.0
Black glass ambrotype
exposure time 7 seconds
KCN fixer
18 x 24 cm


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten