I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 25 april 2011

Buy yourself a decent loupe.............

In the past few years i have been working with a agfa 8x loupe which i thought it was good.
Well it WAS.

I have several old camera's and i noticed huge differences while looking at different ground glasses.
On my older camera's it was ok, but on my newer camera's it sometimes was very difficult to see the real details.
Last week i bought myself an (more than 100 years old) hermagis loupe. My first intention was to store it in my lens collection.

UNTILL......... a few days ago.
I just gave it a try and o boy, the difference is HUGE.
Also on the camera's which are very difficult to focus on it works like a charm.
This is really a piece of art !! So don't make the mistake i did a few years ago.
A decent loupe makes a huge difference.

Alex

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten